What is Celebrate Recovery?
Celebrate Recovery is a biblical and balanced program that helps us overcome our hurts, hang-ups and habits. Celebrate Recovery is based on 12 Steps with accompanying Scriptures and 8 Principles based on the Beatitudes. The program offers participants a clear path of salvation and discipleship; bringing hope, freedom, sobriety, healing, and the opportunity to give back one day at a time through our one and only true Higher Power, Jesus Christ. The 12 Steps and 8 Principles work seamlessly together, tying historical recovery to timeless Biblical teaching.
Twenty-five years ago, Saddleback Church launched Celebrate Recovery with 43 people. It was designed as a program to help those struggling with hurts, habits and hang-ups by showing them the loving power of Jesus Christ through a recovery process. Celebrate Recovery has helped more than 17,000 people at Saddleback Church in California. Celebrate Recovery is now in 29,000 churches worldwide, including Harbour UMC!
CELEBRATE RECOVERY SMALL GROUPS CAN:
- Provide you a safe place to share your experiences, strengths, and hopes with others that are also going through a Christ-centered recovery.
- Provide you with a leader who has gone through a similar hurt, hang-up, or habit and who will facilitate the group as it focuses on a particular Step each week.
- The leader will also follow Celebrate Recovery’s “Small Group Guidelines.”
- Provide you with the opportunity to find an Accountability Partner or a Sponsor.
- Encourage you to attend other recovery meetings held throughout the week.
Celebrate Recovery Small Groups Will NOT:
- Celebrate Recovery Small Groups Will NOT:
- Attempt to offer any professional advice. Our leaders are not counselors.
- Allow its members to attempt to “fix” one another.
About Celebrate Recovery at the Harbour
- Meetings are held at 172 Commissioner Drive in Meridianville, Alabama 35750
- Meetings begin with supper and fellowship at 6:00 pm every Thursday night. Worship begins at 6:45 pm and small groups begin at 8:00 pm. There is fellowship after small group.
- Meetings are finished by 9:00 pm.
- At this time we do not have childcare, we are training staff so we hope to have childcare soon.
- There is no charge for the food at this time. We do take up an offering during service to help purchase food and pay for administrative costs of running the Celebrate Recovery Ministry. Never feel guilty when you cannot give, just give generously as God directs.